Two fully funded grants, or one fully funded and two partially funded grants will be awarded, maximal funding includes:
- consultation and support from Ecotone specialists for logger start-up, deployment and data collection at the early stages of the project;
- GPS loggers from Ecotone (up to 20 devices per project);
- data transfer costs for loggers throughout the project;
- reimbursement of field work expenses (up to 5000 EUR);
- potential sponsored participation in the international conference.
- project duration: 1-2 years;
- research should have innovative nature;
- collection and processing of all kinds of data available from the loggers
- presentation of preliminary results at international conference (oral presentation or workshop) till the end of 2018;
- publication of results in journal with a high impact factor within one year of research completion;
- trapping and deployment methods must conform with accepted practices or experiences of the provider.
- project must be designed as to not endanger any wildlife population and cannot be invasive in relation to examined group of animals nor shall endanger local population chosen as a research object;
- external harness, collars or glue-on methods must be used to attach loggers (no implants or subcutaneous implanted hooks or anchors);
- project cannot be joined with other researches, in which telemetry devices of other
companies will be used.